ACCELERATE YOUR SCENES
Getting your story from outline to scenes is another one of those processes that can seem inscrutable until you learn the technique to the madness. The Scene Accelerator takes the mystery out of building effective scenes that drive the plot forward and draw readers into the characters’ experience.
One week and area of focus at a time, we’ll explore new techniques, brainstorm alternative approaches, and identify untapped potential in your writing.
Get clarity on what works and why.
Translating your story from outline to scenes can seem inscrutable until you learn the techniques. With coaching, you’re not simply studying dry strategies in a book or video course. You’re getting one-on-one feedback on identifying and applying these techniques in your own manuscript.
- Explore the different tasks scenes can accomplish in a story.
- Learn the anatomy of different types of scenes and how to avoid the number one mistake new authors make when planning their scenes.
- Master techniques such as the 3 W’s of kicking off a scene, the screenwriting tactic of going in late and getting out early, and how to find your book’s sweet spots for scene and chapter length.
- Find out the five types of writing that build scenes, and learn when to use scene and when to use summary (the infamous “showing versus telling”).
Scene Accelerator coaching is for you if—
– You’re having trouble moving from the story in your outline or head to scenes on the page.
– Your book includes a lot of exciting events, but readers don’t seem to be engaging with the story.
– Your book is all talk and no action, or all action and no thought.
– The manuscript reads like a report instead of a story.
– Your story is solid, but your manuscript is too long or too short for its genre.
WRITERS ARE SAYING
Take the next step.
I work only with writers I believe I can help reach specific writing goals. If you’re ready to take action, get in touch. We’ll email a little about what you’re working on and what sort of help you’d like, and I’ll send you an assessment that helps us both determine whether the Scene Accelerator would be right for you.
I coach a limited number of clients per quarter. This is your chance to take a giant step forward.