ACCELERATE YOUR STORY
The Story Accelerator introduces you to the techniques and structure beneath your instinctual storytelling choices. This isn’t a class or a course—this is you and me, one on one, working through the support structures of fiction specifically as they apply to your book.
One week and area of focus at a time, we’ll explore new techniques, brainstorm alternative approaches, and identify untapped potential in your book.
With a proven track record spanning nearly a decade, the Story Accelerator has consistently empowered writers to reimagine their projects and write novels that are both profound and marketable.
- Find out how to stop writing for yourself and start writing for the readers you want to buy your book.
- Choose the point of view that supports the story, not the one that “feels right” or that you just like best.
- Find out why narrative tense works precisely opposite of the way you probably assumed.
- Pull your protagonist out of the pit of passivity by discovering how stories are about characters happening to the plot, not a plot happening to the characters.
- Develop a character arc that reveals the story behind the plot. (Or find out why your story doesn’t need a character arc of change and what to do instead.)
Get clarity on what works and why.
– Genre and marketability
– Point of view
– Character arcs
– The conflict-motivation-goal drivetrain
– Story structure and plot
– Story layering—weaving all of that into a cohesive, unified whole
Story Accelerator coaching is for you if ...
- You want to understand what makes a story work and how to apply those principles to your manuscript.
- You’d like to launch your next draft from a developed, informed foundation.
- You’re uncertain that your story or characters are on the right track.
- You’ve received conflicting feedback from readers or editorial professionals.
WRITERS ARE SAYING
Lisa’s Accelerator is an essential tool that saves an author months by ensuring he or she begins with a solid outline, character arc, motive, stakes, etc. It would be hard to work without her.
Take the next step.
I work only with writers I believe I can help reach specific writing goals. If you’re ready to take action, get in touch. We’ll email a little about what you’re working on and what sort of help you’d like, and I’ll send you an assessment that helps us both determine whether the Story Accelerator would be right for you.
I coach a limited number of clients per quarter. This is your chance to take a giant step forward.